We are pleased to welcome you to the new Life Science Teaching Resource Community, previously the Archive of Teacing Resources. Our goal is to provide you with a free online environment where you can share ideas and expertise with fellow educators to transform science education for your students. We will continue to offer our online library of free, peer-reviewed teaching resources, but will now provide you with more.
The Life Science Teaching Resource Community (LifeSciTRC) offers a number of tools that allow educators to share their ideas and teaching expertise including:
- Community Pages with news and recommended teaching resources
- Blogs focusing on classroom and science topics relevant to educators
- Forums for educator-led discussions
- Resource Rating and Commenting areas that allow educators to share their experiences of using resources
- Monthly Newsletters highlighting community members, news, and resources
In addition to the new name, the LifeSciTRC will feature three new scientific society partners: The Physiological Society, Genetics Society of America, and American Society of Plant Biologists. These societies will join the current partners: American Physiological Society, Human Anatomy and Physiology Society, Society for Developmental Biology, American Association of Anatomists, Massachusetts Society for Medical Research, and Northwest Association for Biomedical Research in offering over 6,000 free, scientifically accurate teaching resources to the community.
Our new partners will be adding their resources to the LifeSciTRC over the coming months, so keep an eye out for their materials on the LifeSciTRC home page and in upcoming newsletters.
Visit Us Today and Enter Our Drawing!
To celebrate the launch of our new community, we will be holding a drawing for free prizes during the month of April. All you need to do by April 30 is:
- Visit the Community Forums
- Select the Forum most appropriate to the grade level you teach
- Post a brief introduction to the community and share what you hope to gain by participating
Once you have done so, you will automatically be entered in our drawing. We hope that you will visit the LifeSciTRC soon and discover all that we have to offer!